عنوان الموضوع : " .. ! Let's Translate || Game " تعلم انجليزي
مقدم من طرف منتديات الضمير العربي

Translation is a cornerstone , in the process of learning any language . But we're only concerned about the English language , here . For this reason , this thread is going to be about translating small passages , either from Arabic into English or vice versa

Using Google is never a choice , here , because you have to do this yourself . Don't worry about the mistakes , and remember that only mistakes teach us how to do things right

I'll be around , inshallah , to help you / support you / advise you / correct you
.. So , there's nothing to worry about

Remember :
Try to translate the meanings , NOT the words . Do not make it a word-by-word translation because it never works

---

This passage is going to be our first shot
: I quoted it from

في بيتنا رجل - إحسان عبد القدوس

" ملأ صدره بكل ما بقي من أنفاسه ثم استدار لهم .. و رأوا وجهه .. وجها خاليا إلا من تعبير واحد لا يتغير .. تعبير مريح هادىء يجذبك إليه و يسلب منك قلبك و عقلك .. و الذين لم ينظروا إلى عينيه لم يروا مدى ما كان يعانيه من حيرة و جزع و خوف .

>>>>> ردود الأعضـــــــــــــــــــاء على الموضوع <<<<<
==================================

>>>> الرد الأول :

Passage N°6
Carson McCullers - The Ballad Of The Sad Café : Quoted from

There was no signal, but they both struck out simultaneously. Both blows landed on the chin, so that the heads of Miss Amelia and Marvin Macy bobbed back and they were left a little groggy. For a few seconds after the first blows they merely shuffled their feet around on the bare floor, experimenting with various positions, and making mock fists. Then, like wildcats, they were suddenly on each other. There was the sound of knocks, panting, and thumpings on the floor. They were so fast that it was hard to take in what was going on -- but once Miss Amelia was hurled backward so that she staggered and almost fell, and another time Marvin Macy caught a knock on the shoulder that spun him around like a top. So the fight went on in this wild violent way with no sign of weakening on either side

----

: My translation

بالرغم من عدم انطلاق أية إشارة , لكنهما سددا الضربات في الوقت نفسه
فاستقرت على ذقنيهما , و تمايل رأسيهما تمايلا جعل كلا من الآنسة آميليا و مارفن ميسي يترنح بعض الشيء .
بعد الضربات الأولى ,
مشى الاثنان للحظات بتثاقل وسط الساحة وهما يحاولان
اختبار وضعيات هجوم مختلفة , في الوقت الذي كانا يشيران فيه لبعضيهما بحركات نابية .
ثم فجأة و بسرعة قطين متوحشين انقض كل منهما على الآخر , و لم يكن ليسمع
في تلك الساحة سوى صوت الضربات و الخبطات و الأنفاس المتقطعة .
كانت سرعتهما في الحركة كبيرة إلى درجة حال معها استيعاب ما يجري ,
إذ تارة كان يلقى بالآنسة آميليا للخلف فينتابها الدوار و توشك على السقوط أرضا,
و طورا يتلقى مارفن ميسي ضربة على كتفه تجعله يدور حول نفسه كالدوامة .
على هذا النحو الشرس استمر العراك , دون أن يظهر ما يشير إلى أن الضعف قد بدأ بالتسلل إليهما .

__________________________________________________ __________

>>>> الرد الثاني :

Passage N°2
Quoted from : Jude The Obscure - Thomas Hardy

He knew he should go to see her again, according to her invitation. Those earnest men he read of, the saints, whom Sue, with gentle irreverence, called his demi-gods, would have shunned such encounters, if they doubted their own strength. But he could not. He might fast and pray during the whole interval, but the human was more powerful in him that the Divine

: This is my translation

عرف أنه يجب عليه أن يذهب لرؤيتها بناء على دعوتها . لابد و أن هؤلاء الرجال المخلصين الذين قرأ عنهم , و التقاة الذين كانت " سوو " تصفهم بشيء من الاستهتار بأنهم أنصاف آلهة , لابد و أنهم كانوا سيتهربون من لقاءات مماثلة لو أنهم فقط شككوا في قواهم .أما هو فلم يكن ليقدم على فعل ذلك , فباستطاعته أن يصوم و يصلي طوال المدة التي يستغرقها أداء هذا الواجب , لكن الشطر الإنساني في نفسه كان أقوى من شطره الإلهي

>>>> الرد الثالث :

Passage N°3

عبد الرحمن منيف - أم النذور : Quoted from

" لن أعلق غير هاتين الخرقتين . أقول أمامك أيها الشيخ لن أعلق في حياتي غير هاتين . و لكن لماذا علق الناس كل هذه الخرق ؟ هل ضربهم كلهم الشيخ زكي و أرادوا أن ينتقموا منه ؟ و الشيخ مازال حيا و ما يزال يضرب الأولاد كل يوم .. ماذا فعلت الخرق ؟

: My Translation

I'm saying this in front of you , Sheikh ; " I won't hang up more than two rags , for the rest of my life " . But , why did
?
these people hang all these rags up ? Are they also taking revenge of Sheikh Zaki because he was beating them up , too
. Obviously , this man is still alive , and he's still beating these kids up , every day
? What did these rags do , anyway

>>>> الرد الرابع :

Passage N°4
عبد الرحمن منيف - أرض السواد / ج3 : Quoted from

فخامة أفندينا المعظم , أدام الله عزه و نصره

قمنا بالواجب على أكمل صورة و خير وجه , لكن النوايا شائكة , و الأفكار سالكة هالكة , و هكذا ذهبنا و عدنا دون الوقوف على المقصود , أو الوصول إلى الغرض المنشود , الأمر الذي يستوجب زيارة ثانية و ربما ثالثة , علنا نصل إلى المراد , و يجعل خطواتنا أقرب إلى السداد , والله الموفق في البدء و الختام , و تقبلوا يا فخامة الوالي المقدر جزيل الاحترام .

خادمكم المخلص دائما

--------

, Your Grace , may God surround you with His Blessings

.I'm writing to inform you that we did everything we're supposed to do , perfectly
But because of the tricky intentions and the fluctuating ideas, we
kept coming and going without focusing on the crucial issue or
achieving our aim . For these reasons , we need to consider the
possibility of a second visit ; maybe a third one , if required. Hopefully , at the end
God's support will be our guide to decency and success , since
luck depends , first and last , on His Divine Will

Please , Mr Governor , accept my sincere respect

. Yours faithfully

>>>> الرد الخامس :

Passage N°5
عبد الرحمن منيف - حين تركنا الجسر : Quoted from

سألت نفسي : ماذا أريد من هذه المخلوقات البذيئة؟ أجبت بثقة : لو كانت جديرة بالرصاص
الذي يطلق عليها لما ظل واحد منها حيا . و تذكرت الليلة الفائتة : وضعت ديك السمن
على الحجر , عند الممر تماما , و انتظرت . في الماضي كنت أراها من هناك تمر . قلت لنفسي
ستمر الآن . انتظرت , لم تظهر . فتحت الضوء فجأة , فلم تظهر . كنت أرتجف من الانتظار
و من البرد , لكنها لم تظهر . صرخت بعد الانتظار :

- أيتها الأقزام المتروكة , سأنتزع أعناقك كما تنتزع رؤوس الفجل ... انتظري حتى تري !

----

I asked myself : " What do I want with these filthy creatures, anyway ? " . Then I
was convinced that if they were worth the powder it would take
to blow them up , none of them would remain alive
; After that , the memory of last night flashed right before my eyes
How I laid the black redstarts on a stone by the corridor , and then
. stood waiting for these creatures to walk by , like they used to
I kept telling myself that they'd show up, at any moment ; and thus
I waited , but in vain . I suddenly turned on the flashlight , and yet
there was nothing there. Even though I was shaking because of the
long wait and the cold weather , these creatures never showed up
As waiting took a long time , I couldn't help but scream : " You
neglected dwarfs , I'm going to rip your heads
" !